Monday, March 22, 2010

"Who Is Marjorie Bruce?"

With curiosity piqued, I contacted Name Maker regarding the identity of the famous yet mysterious Marjorie Bruce. As I mentioned in a previous post, Marjorie Bruce has been the name printed on the company's sample labels for many years. Knitters, quilters and others sew the labels into handmade garments, etc. I remember seeing the name Marjorie Bruce on their catalog sample labels as a teenager (way back when).
I received an email reply to my question from Name Maker's Vice President of Sales and Marketing:

The original owners of Name Maker (in 1938) always used this name. We don't know if she was a real person, or if it was a made up name!

Thanks for asking!

Stephanie Sklar
VP- Sales & Marketing
Name Maker, Inc.


A mystery for the ages.

No comments: